8 Real Estate Websites Help You Find How Much Your House Is Worth
The time has come and after much thought, or maybe a spur of the moment idea, you have decided to sell your house. It might be because it no longer fits your needs, it may have become too big or too small, your family may be in a financial rut, or you simply want to take the money and get to know the world. Whatever your reasons, selling your home is surely one of the most well-thought plans in life and on the surface it may seem as easy as putting it on the market. But… is it?
How much is your house worth?
Once you start entertaining the notion of selling your house, the first thing you must figure out is how much it’s worth. Sure, you probably have a ballpark idea because you paid for it in the first place, but living in an economy in which the real estate market fluctuates up and down on a whim can make it much more difficult to accurately calculate home values. Additionally, it is highly certain that you made improvements to your house. Remember how much work you put into turning the basement into a rec room, and how lovingly you expanded the sun room? Well all that can, and will, make your home’s worth change (and in some cases by a nice bundle).
The value of a house estimate calculator
Traditionally, the accurate calculation of home values was a job performed exclusively by appraisers, who, in turn, would charge a pretty penny to give homeowners an estimate which was used as a base for a future sale. That was all fine and dandy before the age of technology, but nowadays homeowners have the entire real estate world at their fingertips, and, thanks to the internet, getting a good idea of the value of your home no longer has to make a hole in your budget. But with all the free home value estimator tools available, how to know which one will work best for you?
The most popular online home appraisal websites
Almost all websites dedicated to real estate have some sort of house estimate calculator on their website, but some may not be as accurate as others, which is why we have compiled a list of the most popular and most up to date home value websites for you to use. Let’s take a look.
1. Zillow’s How Much Is My Home Worth Tool – Zillow.com is one of the most comprehensive and accurate real estate websites. It provides users with a myriad of information about almost every piece of property in the country. Simply type in your address and get ready to be impressed.
2. NerdWallet’s Home Value Estimator – NerdWallet is one of the most popular websites dealing with finance and economy, offering the user practical tips, information and much more. This tool also helps find the answer to other questions homeowners may have, such as saving on their mortgage and the value of home equity.
3. Realtor.com’s My Home Tool – Realtor.com allows you to track everything you need to know about your house, including its value, equity and mortgage all by simply entering your address. The only setback is that it is not as comprehensive as the previous sites, but it’s definitely worth a shot.
4. Homes.com’s Home Values Tool – Homes.com provides some of the most complete information on any piece of property, including home values, a mortgage calculator, a loan refinancing calculator, and many more interesting bits of intel.
5. RE/MAX Home Values Tool – As one of the foremost realtors in the industry, RE/MAX offers a great little tool to know how much your house is worth at a glance. Simply enter the address and the value will show up on the map.
6. ZipRealty’s Home Value Estimator – One of the greatest things about ZipRealty is that it renders a comparison between several different sites, which means that a single click will provide one or more results for you to use as a basis for your home’s value.
7. Redfin.com’s What is My Home Worth Tool – In addition to providing accurate home values, it allows the user to sign up for a free home report that provides up to date information for homeowners.
8. Eppraisal’s Home Value Tool – Provides the user with an updated appraisal using the most recent data, together with a comparison to the values provided by other websites, allowing for a comprehensive view of a home’s real worth.
Selling your home for its full price can take a long time, and in some cases it may stay on the market for months on end. We can help with that. Now that you know how much your house is worth, request an offer and we will let you know how much we can offer for it in cash.